We are seeking a Test Engineer for our program in Stafford, VA.
Our team provides focused agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client-server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals’ profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The Test Engineer is responsible for conducting test activities, leading the transition from a manual testing focus to one of automated testing, and coordinating efforts with a dedicated automated test team and the Senior Test Manager. This position requires an exceptional candidate with advanced quality assurance and software testing experience. We use an Agile Scrum methodology and focus on collaboration with our customers. This is an amazing opportunity to transition a team to a more technically advanced automated testing solution.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with software testing best practices and defect management processes and proven experience in delivering realistic estimates, in scope, and quality products.
The main responsibilities of the Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the software quality assurance lifecycle delivering high-quality releases on time
- Perform testing activities using Microsoft TFS to ensure proper tracking and completion each Sprint and overall release
- Be an active participant with the development team in the analysis, design, and development process
- Write and revise Test-related management plans and formal Test Procedures
- Use tools such as Microsoft SSRS, TFS, and MTM to develop Test Reports and metrics. Trend analysis and test activity reporting by iteration and release.
- Identify and track continuous process improvements to the CODIS testing process and lead any necessary initiatives for their implementation
- Write and revise Test Cases
- Set-up and configure test environments.
- Perform functional, exploratory, system, regression and performance testing.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on testing experience with relevant automated testing experience
- Experience using of Testing Tools such as Microsoft Test Manager and SpecFlow
- Excellent understanding and experience of Test Automation Frameworks, Regression, System, Functional and Performance Testing
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries and knowledge of SQL databases
- Exceptional collaborative communication skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- U.S. Citizen and ability to pass a public trust investigation
- Experience with Agile Development / Scrum framework
- Understanding of Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge of Test Automation Tools
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity)
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg email@example.com
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.