Savant Financial Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Ariel Partners (“Ariel”) is looking for a Capture Manager/Proposal Writer to join our DC Metro-area Federal practice. Ariel is a fast-growing software consulting and staffing firm with experience executing some of the largest and most difficult technology projects for our government and commercial clients. We have a growing portfolio of Federal contracts and vehicles both as a prime and as a sub, and we also have significant commercial and municipal agency business in NYC. We have specialized expertise in Agile transformation, AWS Cloud, DevOps, responsive web and mobile application development, and performance tuning. We build long-term relationships with our clients and focus on exceptional, high-touch service.
The Capture Manager/Proposal Writer identifies new opportunities or potential opportunities, works with the customer to position Ariel as a preferred vendor, works with teaming partners, manages the proposal lifecycle, and contributes content to proposals. The capture manager/proposal writer works closely with account manager(s) both to identify ways to grow/upsell the accounts as well as to understand and document past performance.
Federal and Municipal
- Work with both Federal and NYC agencies. Percentage of deal flow is expected to be approximately 75% Federal and 25% NYC-based.
- Identify a short list of federal and NYC agencies to target for capture
- Create strategic capture plans for each agency and update them for each opportunity
- Identify marketing materials needed for capture and work with other team members to create and maintain materials as needed, including PPT presentations, software demonstrations, booths, website updates, blog postings, whitepapers, and other artifacts as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain contacts with government stakeholders in advance of RFP/RFS issuance to position “Team Ariel” favorably (where Ariel may be prospective prime or a sub on a team)
- Schedule, prepare, and deliver kickoff meetings with a proposal planning deck including a schedule with all color reviews identified
- Manage the proposal process throughout the lifecycle. Consolidate input from multiple authors into a single document and distribute as needed.
- Manage the proposal physical preparation including making copies, assembly, etc. as needed.
- Hand-deliver proposals if necessary.
- Develop custom proposal content based on RFPs, Ariel past performance, pre-existing content, and new materials
- Maintain and organize our Dropbox repository of proposal content and marketing artifacts.
- Research, establish and maintain relationships with strategic teaming partners of various sizes, capabilities, and socio-economic statuses.
- Negotiate, prepare, and execute teaming agreements for specific opportunities
- Maintain sales pipeline in GovBD, with regular updates including tasks, meetings, notes, and updates from FBO or GovWin, teaming partners, or the customer.
- Create extracts and reports from GovBD for weekly business development / sales pipeline reviews and staff meetings.
Annual Planning and Forecasting
- Prepare forecasts and spreadsheets to support our annual strategic planning process.
- 5+ years of capture management/proposal development experience within the Federal domain.
- Experience using GovWin for research
- Experience using FedBizOpps including creating and maintaining sophisticated search agents
- Experience using a sales management tool such as Salesforce, GovBD, Deltek, or custom
- Experience writing proposals for small, medium, and large RFP/RFS/RFI/sources sought
- Experience communicating and meeting with contracting officers and other government stakeholders at industry days, private meetings, roadshows, sales presentations, one-on-ones.
- Expert written and oral communication skills including presentation skills, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and a professional business image.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire/offers.
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg Recruiting@arielpartners.com
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges, we are on their short list. We are looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence. Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.