!!! U.S. Citizen and ability to pass Limited Background Investigation required. !!!
Ariel Partners is seeking a Software Developer to work in our Stafford, VA office. The Software Developer will support the DMSS program by providing hands-on development support to our software development scrum teams.
The client team provides agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals’ profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The primary functions for this position include:
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software using MS Visual Studio for C#.NET
- Troubleshoot problems related to software applications; resolve systems integration and compatibility issues
- Support software testing as required, including developing automated test scripts using NUnit, SpecFlow, and other automation tools
- Interact with required stakeholders including CODIS PMO, business analysts, and testers
- Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- US Citizen and ability to pass a public trust investigation
- 5+ years software development experience using C# and .NET
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater, T-SQL stored procedures, views, etc.
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and their role in a Continuous Integration environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required
- Strong attention to detail, highly developed critical thinking skills, and solid trouble shooting ability
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification; required within 8 months of starting on the contract
- Working knowledge of WinForms, WPF, WCF, Entity Framework, VB.NET, C++, XML, LINQ, SQL Database platform, MSBuild PowerShell, InstallShield
- Understanding of engineering modeling languages, such as ER diagrams, UML Sequence diagrams or other engineering artifacts
- Agile/scrum development experience
- Experience writing and reviewing automated test scripts
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (such as TeamCity (preferred), Jenkins or Hudson)
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as nUnit, SpecFlow
- Familiarity with Requirements Management tools such as TFS
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg Recruiting@arielpartners.com
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.