We are looking for an experienced Android developer to join our team. We are working in an exciting, fast-paced environment to build our products - applications and systems - for our customers in the telecommunications industry.
We expect you to be self-driven, think out of the box, and be able to solve interesting and complex problems together with the team of other outstanding engineers.
We are an expanding company with the goal of perfecting live video delivery to replace old-fashioned cable systems for operators around the world. We work in a relaxed and fun atmosphere, solving challenging problems while striving to deliver first class products. We always have Red Bull and snacks available, and most often eat lunch together. We have flexible hours with a focus on getting the job done rather than have to be in the office at specific times. Our New York development offices are located in Midtown Manhattan in walking distance from Penn Station on Madison Avenue.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Be an Experienced Android developer
- Develop quality software
- Work with the team for common success
- Work with sales and deployment engineers supporting the customers
- Participate in all phases of software development
- Take ownership of deliverables
- Must have 5+ years professional experience developing software
- Must have excellent Java, and preferable also C++ skills
- Must have experience in building applications from scratch for Android
- Must have excellent knowledge about building multi-threaded software
- Is comfortable with an Agile development environment
- Must have excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Have a Bachelor’s or preferable a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Android TV
- Experience with native code in Android (NDK)
- Experience with Widevine or other DRM
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg email@example.com
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence. Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.