We are seeking a talented, senior, hands-on .NET/C# developer who is able to go both deep and wide (“T”-shaped skillset). The successful candidate will work directly with the CIO of the agency to establish key pieces of the technical architecture that will be used to support existing and future applications, micro services, integration workflows, and back-ends for web and mobile applications, and to lead hands-on development efforts. The Ideal candidate should have at least some experience with Cloud Computing
and have worked with diverse APIs. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced collaborative and Agile/Scrum environment. Applications will be developed using Bitbucket, Git
, GitHubFlow, .NET Core
, ASP.NET Core
, and Entity Framework Core
, with 100% unit and acceptance test coverage and a fully automated CI/CD pipeline. We will work with our stakeholders using examples expressed in Gherkin that become SpecFlow
automated acceptance tests. The .NET/C# code will be integrated with Angular4 TypeScript/NativeScript front-ends via ReSTFul
services and/or GraphQL
. We expect to deploy new releases up to several times per day into Linux
-based containers. We may use private cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry
and declarative provisioning tools like Terraform
. We will use both PostgreSQL
and SQL Server
message queue and/or Redis
cache and a shared-nothing horizontally-scalable architecture based on the twelve-factor app ( https://12factor.net/
- Working experience with development teams in an Agile development environment
- Full-stack development experience is a must.
- 6+ years experiences with C#/.NET development
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with Dependency Injection, such as Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection, Castle Windsor, Ninject, or Unity.
- Must be fluent in automated testing with .NET development
- Deep experience designing, testing, documenting, consuming, and maintaining ReSTful web services
- Deep experience working with SQL Server.
- Development experience working with one or more diverse data repositories such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis or Hadoop.
- 3+ years working with one of task tracking system such as Jira or TFS
- Proficiency with GIT, GitHubFlow, and an environment like VSTeam Services/Git, GitHub, GitLab, or BitBucket.
Experience working with at least one cloud technology ecosystem such as AWS or Azure
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently, tackling complex problems
- Ability build relationships with stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts
- Understanding of a micro-services framework such as Nancy
- Awareness of at least one CSS framework such as Twitter bootstrap or Material Design
- Linux familiarity
- Key-Value Caching Store such as Redis or Memcached
- Facial recognition software
- Blockchain technology
- Big-Data and Machine Learning technologies including Tensorflow, Hadoop, Spark, Jupyter Notebooks
- Tools for Data Analysis such as R, Python scientific/mathematical libraries, Matlab, Octave
- Business Intelligence and Dimensional Modeling
- RabbitMQ or other queueing software
Note: Must be able to demonstrate and walk through code you have written, and to extend it on the fly via hands-on coding during the interview
- Be accountable to yourself and team for quality regular delivery of features
- Be able to overcome roadblocks and let nothing stand in your way from delivery
- Able to articulate technical concepts in as non-technical a manner as possible without distorting the message
- Able to handle working with ambiguity and demonstrates capacity to create clarity
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Able to learn new technologies and apply them quickly
- Cross-functional problem solver
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in ac