The Ariel Team provides focused agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals’ profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The Test Engineer will support the DMSS program by providing automated and manual testing expertise to a Scrum Team tasked with delivering functional enhancements to the CODIS system.
- Integrate user stories with business and application requirements in test cases and scripts that align with a comprehensive test strategy
- Be an active participant with the development team in the analysis, design, and development process to support automated testing test case development, and test case development/revisions
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries and knowledge of SQL databases
- Coordinate functional and exploratory testing with automated test scripts
- Coordinate with subject matter experts in forensic science to provide valid tests of CODIS algorithms
- Align project documentation and schedule with test strategy
- Proactive leader in defect identification, tracking, monitoring, resolution, and reporting (i.e. metrics)
- Report, track and communicate status on issues and risks using the reporting guidelines
- Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, or PMI-ACP must be obtained prior to start
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on testing experience with relevant manual and automated testing experience working with .Net applications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using testing tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, Gherkin, Specflow, Pickles, and script development
- Understanding of Specification Driven Development, Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development
- Excellent understanding and experience of Test Automation Frameworks, Regression, System, and Performance Testing
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, or similar tools
- Familiarity with software quality assurance best practices
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conceptualize complex scenarios
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written); ability to effectively communicate directly at all levels within the customer organization
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with automated software testing and scripting, knowledge of testing best practices and defect management processes, and proven experience in delivering quality products. A background or strong interest in business analysis or requirements analysis would be beneficial.
- Experience working with CODIS as a Forensic Scientist and/or a CODIS Administrator
- Provide an understanding of the unique requirements of the national and international forensic DNA community in an effort to ensure that application and end users work efficiently
- Develop and document requirements based on an expert understanding of the CODIS system and user requirements
- Experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.