Ariel has an opportunity for a Senior Database Developer to support a new cyber-security program for a DoD client based in Dahlgren, VA. This position requires a minimum Interim Top Secret clearance
The Senior Database Developer will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
As a Senior Database Developer on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
DB Developer will focus on SQL Server Database performance optimization, tuning, and T-SQL development to ensure optimal MS SQL Server performance.
Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment
Analyze a large, complex system to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing and query execution performance
Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications
Participate in all aspects of the application life cycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance (Min Interim Top Secret)
- DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems to include one of the following (or acquire within 60 days): CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher-level certification
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
- MCSA: Machine Learning
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform (retired)
- Proficiency creating and maintaining SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Proficiency creating and maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Proficiency utilizing development tools such as the RedGate tool belt (schema compare, source control, etc)
- Experience engineering enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
- Experience creating stored procedures, T-SQL scripts for applications or data manipulation
- Experience with data modeling and design in SQL Server 2017
- Seven (7) years of experience in the above listed areas
- Experience with SQL Server 2017 Graph
- Bachelor’s Degree
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg email@example.com
at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.