This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with competitive salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work well with a team as well as individually, are able to bring innovative solutions to the table, and like to mentor other developers; this is a great opportunity for you!
- Design, develop and implement GIS open source solutions.
- Create and develop algorithms for advanced web mapping and network analysis
- Utilize scripting languages to implement geospatial solutions on database, application server, and web server tiers
- Design and develop complex GIS database models; Administer GIS servers and workstations by installing and troubleshooting system software and programs and administer system access and security.
- Conduct database programming of relational and document based databases, transportation modeling for project-based GIS tools used; Write and/or present documentation supporting the GIS efforts relating to this position.
- Must be US citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- PhD or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field.
- Geospatial technology in particular with Network analysis and algorithms
- Geospatial concepts, like: projections, datum transformations, spatial indexing, routing algorithms, graph theory
- Big Data in open source SQL and noSQL databases
- GIS server technology (WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS)
- Familiarity with OGC standards.
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please contact Irina Rozenberg firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long-term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Exposure to PostGIS, pgRouting, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or similar
- OSM data
- Leaflet, OpenLayers, GeoServer and similar.